Production Blog: Last Day of Filming

My group mates and I have finally finished filming our short film. We met up on March 15th, around 3PM. Once the girls arrived at the house, we changed outfits. I focused on wearing colors, while Hannah focused on wearing black to correctly portray her character’s personality. Angie and Aleiah focused on wearing casual clothes that normal teenage girls would wear. Then, we headed towards the mall to film the “coffee shop” scene. However, it did not take place in a coffee shop as there was not enough space. Instead, we went to the food court because it was much more spacious and we felt more comfortable. It took a little while to, practice our lines, but after we mastered them, everything went smoothly. It took a few tries for Hannah to find the best angle, but apart from that, it was faster than expected. Our second location, H&M, was right next to the food court, so we directly went there. We headed towards the accessories aisle, and quickly shot the scene of Chloe trying on a pair of sunglasses in front of her friends. It was a bit awkward to film in front of everyone, but it fortunately did not take too long. After that, it was time for the kidnapping scene, which included Hannah and I. We headed to the mall’s parking lot, and Hannah taught le the one and only judo move that I had to use on her for that scene. I this part took a bit of time because martial arts is not my forte. Once I got the hang of it, we shot the scene, starting with a tracking shot, and then a two-shot at an eye level. This scene was a bit long because there were more things to do. I had to “drag” Hannah on the floor, and then put her in the trunk of the car, which was not easy to recreate. Once we were done with this scene, we had our very last scene to film! We had to film that one one the sun had set, and we headed to an outdoor parking lot. I took the bottle of hydrogen peroxide which represented lighter fluid, matches and the sunglasses as props. I poured the liquid all around the car as if I was ready to set it up on fire. Then, I threw the match onto the ground, and the very last shot was a close-up shot of my face, wearing the glasses, staring at the fire. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Attempting the Third Day of Filming

Last minutes plans

Production Blog/Editing the sound